physical storage of integer datatypes

From: <pjbondi_at_SystemDatabase.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 18:35:49 GMT

Hello to all:

I have used Microsoft SQL Server and Sybase, primarily.

Everything that I have read about Oracle indicates that integer values are stored as variable length scientific floating point values.

So could someone positively tell me that there is no such thing in Oracle as a:
- 1 bit "bit" datatype,

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 22 1999 - 12:35:49 CST