Re: Oracle 8i installation problem.

From: Rachel Rainey <raineyr_at_cuug.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 04:25:29 GMT

I've heard some have been trying it, but have stuck with recommendations to use RH6.0 which is what oracle used
download from blackdown JRE1.1.6v5 before dbassist kicks in run oracle's patch
then start up dbassist,

and mine was working until I had a power outage on sqlplus and now my database won't startup so I deleted the entire drives, reinstalled RH6.0, am stuck without a mouse or floppy drive (mouse is the problem) and will go through the process for the fourth time

so good luck -- it'll be worth it once it's running :-)