Oracle 8i installation problem.

From: Whammy <whammy_at_no.place.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:57:12 -0600

Has anyone managed to install Oracle 8i under RedHat6.1? I have tried the last
couple of days and all I get is this:

$./runInstaller

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait...
Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Bad address

$

I've loaded and reloaded the Java JRE using the recommended versions listed in the installation manual with no change in the error messages. I am not familiar enough with java to debug this on my own. I suspect it's something simple that's bunging up the works. Any ideas? (Oracle's customer support is useless.)

Thanks. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 12:57:12 CST