Extacting stored packages from database

From: <akkha_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 18:18:30 GMT

Hi,

I want to extract the code on our stored packages, procedures and functions from Oracle Database in a nice format such that it is ready for recompiling without any further editing. Is there any utlity on UNIX environment which could do this?

My purpose is for production control. Whenever a new version of the stored package is going to be implemented, I would like to extract the current version in case a rollback is needed. I could come up my own script but need some editing. The script from the book 'Oracle Script' by Lomasky won't work either. The one from TOAD is good but it is not available in command mode and not available on UNIX environment anyway. Also won't work if sql*net is not opened up for the host. Moreover, we distribute 'wrapped' code to our client. So I could not even edit the codes .

Any help or suggestion is welcome.

Anthony

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 12:18:30 CST