Re: Database is recovered, now I want to use the archive log files

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwindon_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 19:15:05 +0100

When you use a backup controlfile, you always need to add the clause "UNTIL ..."
Otherwise the rdbms will look for proof that recovery is complete by looking at the online redo logfiles
and/or the controlfiles, but these are already modified/recreated/lost in your case.
I suggest you use "UNTIL CANCEL":
"RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILE UNTIL CANCEL" The RECOVER command is the interactive version of "alter database recover".
It is only built-in in the server manager SVRMGRL (or equivalent). Go ahead until you have aplied all archived logs, then type "CANCEL" Then open the database: ALTER DATABASE OPEN RESETLOGS; You need RESETLOGS because either your online redologs are old or missing.

Erwin

--
Erwin Dondorp
<http://www.dondorp.com/> Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 12:15:05 CST