Cannot use BACKUP management and does OEM suck?

From: <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 17:23:26 GMT

Oracle 8i and OEM 2.0.4 for Solaris Sparc.

Launch 'oemapp console' and log in as 'sysman/<pass>'. Right click database name(I have only one), go to 'connect'. Connect as a user with
'sysdba' privilege. then right click database name again, go to 'backup
management'->'backup...'. The error message is:

"Node credentials are not set for this node. set the credentials for this node is the preferral credentials."

The same error message appears when I try to run all items under 'backup management' and 'data management'. But I can run the items under
'related tools', such as 'instance manager'.

BTW, I don't think OEM is good toll even though it looks good.

What's wrong?! Please help me.

Thanks and pls email me a copy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 19 1999 - 11:23:26 CST