OAS 4.0 Installation

From: Bill Turner <bill.turner_at_changent.com>
Date: 17 Nov 1999 23:22:15 EST

more questions from a newbie! i think oas was improperly installed, so i am attempting to uninstall (subject of another message) and re-installing. i am unfamiliar with most of this territory and am the only techie here, so any help would be appreciated.

several other threads here suggest that i need to have a certain version of oas with the database. we have these as part of a set called jdeveloper suite, so i have to believe oas and the database are compatible. we are running on windows nt 4.0 and i am unsure of the version of iis.

the questions.

  1. how do i identify what ports are in use so that i make sure my install doesn't use one of these?
  2. i am supposed to set the TNS_ADMIN variable before install. should i just do this at the prompt, or does it have to be permanently set to %ORACLE_HOME%\Net80\ in the System section?
  3. should the site name i use be the same as the web server in iis?
  4. are there any questions i am asking the answers to which i should know?

--
Bill Turner
Principal Consultant

www.changent.com
bill.turner_at_changent.com
Office: 612.874.8934
Cell: 612.644.3625 Received on Wed Nov 17 1999 - 22:22:15 CST