Re: size of data files

From: <devashanti_1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 01:54:03 GMT

There is a problem with large datafiles (1 GB and more) I accidently created a 2GB datafile (intended to create a 2MB datafile - was using the Windows Oracle GUI - need I say more) when I shutdown and started up the DB I could open the DB because Oracle said it couldn't file the datafile. Well the file existed - after lots of troubleshooting I renamed the file and created a bogus .dbf file with the original datafile name. Oracle found the file (of course it couldn't open it because it wasn't the correct file format.)I reported this as a bug to Oracle.

Sure wish I could find a utility that could read Oracle .dbf files and change the file size parms.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Nov 16 1999 - 19:54:03 CST