Re: size of data files

From: Karl R. <kreitsch_at_zdnetmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 00:29:39 -0800

We have Oracle 8.0.5.2.0 under Windows NT 4.0

On an Test-instance we have a datafile ( 1 Table ) with 12 GB. Nt4.0 can store files with 2^64 Bytes.
But making a cold-Backup and copying 12 GB is a long job.

So in our Production-Database our datafiles will not greater than 2GB. NT4.0 in some Servicepack-Levels has problems to view Files greater than 4GB.

Rcovering a 12GB -File could last longer than a little one. We think about to use Table-Partitoning 'Divide and rule!'

/karl