Re: Best RAID configuration

From: Richard Baker <rbaker_at_quiktrak.com.au>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 22:37:13 +1100

Thanks for the inciteful info. I'll take my chances with a 3 disk stripe set for the moment. I plan on mirroring the database to another server, so that'll be my contingency. Run Oracle on the B/U server till primary is fixed up

I'll assume that the log files and ARC files should go onto the non-RAID 5 area of a disk as this is sequential writes.

Thanks again.

R. Baker Received on Mon Nov 15 1999 - 05:37:13 CST