Re: dba - minextents/maxextents

From: Nandakumar <N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:08:03 GMT

Thanks Ben for your detailed response.

the terms used below pertain to the storage parameters in CREATE TABLESPACE statement.

could you also explain where and how MINEXTENTS is used? i am still not clear with its concept? If MINEXTENTS is used to specify the minimum extents to be allocated on creation of a segment (say table etc), what is the use of INITIAL? Does MINEXTENTS override INITIAL?

btw, in my prev. posts PCTINCREASE was ZERO.

Thank you &
regards
Nanda

--
Nandakumar
(N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:08:03 CST