Re: Commit in an open cursor

From: <markp7832_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:17:46 GMT

In article <80fiv1$5gm$1_at_news2.tor.accglobal.net>,   "John Chiu" <johnymc_at_netscape.net> wrote:
> one transaction per active rollback segment: so the rollback segment
is
> released on commit.

John, I do not understand your statement. If is possible to have more than one active transaction assigned to the same rollback segment at a given point in time. If my memory is correct, transactions share access to segments, to extents within segments, but not to individual rbs blocks within extents.
--
Mark D. Powell -- The only advice that counts is the advice that  you follow so follow your own advice --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 12:17:46 CST