Re: HELP Design question --- Where should I create Application accounts

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 12 Nov 1999 09:27:41 -0800

"Gazza" <garywaldrom_at_hotmail.com> writes:

> I would create the tables under an application owner account and then
> generate public synonyms on all objects with each individual user having an
> oracle account. This allows for better auditing facilities and access
> control using roles and object privileges etc.
>
> Slightly more admin but for 10 users...! Shouldn't be a problem
I definitely agree. It also would reduce the amount of redundancy. Oracle already provides user authentication (through a variety of means) and authorization. Re-inventing the wheel would just mean that you would have to resolve issues that Oracle has already resolved.

                                              Rick

--

                                Thanks,
                                Rick

     The opinions expressed above are mine and do not necessarily reflect
                         those of Oracle Corporation.