oracle8 and oracle8i on same lunix machine

From: Xin Chen <cxin_at_autobuddy.com>
Date: 11 Nov 1999 11:48:30 PST

Hi, all

I just installed oracle8.0.5 on Redhat 6.0. Now I want to install 8i. But before I do that, I want to keep the old one, in case anything wrong or I cannot install the new version successfully. Can anyone give me some suggestions if I can put 8i in a separate directory and a different user of dba, and run both of them.

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Nov 11 1999 - 13:48:30 CST