Re: oracle8 and oracle8i on same lunix machine

From: Martin Hepworth <maxsec_at_totalise.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:37:31 +0000

Xin Chen wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I just installed oracle8.0.5 on Redhat 6.0. Now I want to install 8i.
> But before I do that, I want to keep the old one, in case anything wrong
> or I cannot install the new version successfully. Can anyone give me
> some suggestions if I can put 8i in a separate directory and a different
> user of dba, and run both of them.
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi
create the install with a different ORACLE_HOME dir and everything should be fine. I find changing the owner/group names of Oracle to be problematic (althought I've tried in 8.x) so I'd keep them the same, you'll also have to make sure you are only runnin one listener too.

Martin Received on Fri Nov 12 1999 - 03:37:31 CST