Re: Login from selected hosts

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 8 Nov 1999 14:38:52 GMT

Hi,
Are you trying to do this as user A from client G not allowed but same user from client F is OK? I suppose the users are smart enough to make their own tnsnames files on the client? I can't think of anything except not having tnsnames on the clients you don't want to have access. Becca
> Hi,
>
> is it possible to allow a user-login to an oracle database
only for
> selected hosts? I've searched for such an option using the
svrmgr and
> the ora-docs, but I'm afraid I must do it with the tns-
listner and

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=7481&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=7979 Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 08:38:52 CST