SQLDA initialization

From: Alex Vinokur <alexander.vinokur_at_telrad.co.il>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 06:17:13 GMT

Here is usually using method of SQLDA initialization.

SQLDA *ptr_sqlda;

    if ((ptr_sqlda =

        SQLSQLDAAlloc (SQL_SINGLE_RCTX, size,
                max_vname_len, max_iname_len)) == (SQLDA *) 0)
    {
        // stuff

    }

Can we use not pointer to SQLDA but SQLDA object? Something like this:

SQLDA obj_sqlda;

        // How may the obj_sqlda initialization be executed? P.S. I would like the system itself to free memory.

     If we use SQLDA *ptr_sqlda we have to take care of it.

        Alex

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 00:17:13 CST