Is it wise to create datafiles that use over 90% of the disk space?

From: Stephanie Wood <steph2000_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 07:04:04 GMT

Is it wise to create datafiles for Oracle on Unix (AIX) that fill the file systems over 90% full? Of course, I don't have autoextend on.

My Unix background says never fill a file system > 90% full, but if the datafiles aren't growing does Oracle have a problem with this? i realize that you don't want ORACLE_HOME to fill up, or other areas.....

Thanks!
Stephanie Received on Mon Nov 08 1999 - 01:04:04 CST