Re: ORA 03113 end-of-communication - on database mount!!!!!

From: Yass Khogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 10:34:08 -0800

Error: ORA 210
  Text: cannot open control file <name>

  Cause: The system was unable to open a control file.   Action: Check that the control file exists, that the storage device is online,

          and that the file is not locked by some other program and try again.

          Also, check to see that the operating system limit on the number of

          open files per process has not been exceeded.
          When using multiplexed control files, that is, more than one
control
          file is referenced in the initialization parameter file, remove
the
          parameter from the initialization parameter file referencing the
          control filename indicated in the message and restart the
instance.
          If the message does not recur, remove the problem control file
from
          the initialization parameter file and create another copy of the
          control file using a new filename in the initialization parameter
file.