Oracle8i Linux: out of memory

From: martin ehrnhoefer <e9425766_at_stud4.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 08:48:56 +0100

Hi,

I run into an error when trying to create a database with Oracle8i for Linux:

I installed Oracle8i (Std) on my system (SuSE 6.2 distribution) like described at http://www.suse.de/~mha/oracle, works fine. Then I used the "dbassist" program to create a script for database creation. The script first starts "svrmgrl". then, while executing the "startup" command, it produces the following error message:

    ORA-27102: out of memory
    Linux Error: 22: Das Argument is ungueltig

        (i.e. argument is invalid)

I also tried it with Oracle 8.0.5 (EE) and got exactly the same error message...

All suggestions are welcome! (I'm just a bloody beginner, but it seems to me that I have enough "memory": 128M RAM, 400M swap, and much harddisk space)

Thanks in advance

Martin

            martin ehrnhoefer
    e-mail ehrnhoefer_at_acm.org