Re: Oracle7 installation: ora-3113 error

From: Rick Wessman <rwessman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 02 Nov 1999 08:10:55 -0500

James Hanway <hanwayj_at_dfo-mpo.gc.ca> writes:

> I have often recieved this error.
>
> More often then enough it was a result of a bad network connection, network
> timeouts, router faluries, exceeding a set network traffic limit, etc etc.
> It usually was a combination of one of those.
>
> My best suggestion is to make sure your network conection between your
> database and the destination database is at 100%

While it could be a network problem, it could also be an Oracle server bug. Check %ORACLE_HOME%\rdbms\log. There may be trace files there. If there are, take a look at each one. If you find a stack trace in one or more, contact Oracle Support. They may have a fix for it already.

--

                                        Rick
                                        Rick Wessman

       The statements and opinions expressed here are my own and do not
             necessarily represent those of  Oracle Corporation.