Deployment issues with EJB/CORBA clients of Oracle8i

From: Jesus M. Salvo Jr. <jmsalvo_at_ihug.com.au>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:29:37 +0000

I have read the documentation regarding CORBA and EJB development with Oracle8i, but the documentation does not outline deployment issues, of Java applets in particular.

Quesions like:

  1. Do I need to deploy with my applet any Oracle java classes that are needed to make calls to Oracle8i? If so, which classes are these?
  2. If I need to use Oracle's security options (SSL, or Oracle Advanced Security Option's checksumming, encryption), do I need to have additional java classes deployed with my applet?? Or do the external client needs to installed some Oracle products on their machine?? Like reading from the Oracle's Java developer guide, you need to run Net8 Easy Config on both client and server to turn on SSL or Advanced Security Option. How would you do this with applet deployment?

Thanks,

John Salvo

--
Java classes for graph manipulation: