Re: Do I need backup rollback segement tablespace and temporary table ?

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jeremiah_at_wolfenet.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 21:34:13 -0800

During a recovery, if you do not restore and recover a copy of all tablespaces containing active rollback segments, then there will be no way to roll back uncommitted changes in the datafiles when the recovered database is opened.

How would you propose to roll back all the uncommitted data in the datafiles without rollback segments? Without the undo headers, you can't even tell what's committed and what's not.

--
Jeremiah