Re: Do I need backup rollback segement tablespace and temporary table ?

From: Dong Tang <tangd_at_ctcdist.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:50:13 -0600

Hi:

Thank you all for responsing my questions.

Let me make myself a little bit clear. I don't want to backup rollback segment tablespace and temperary tablesace because I think the data in those tablespace is useless during the recovery. Unless I recover the database right after I backup those tablespaces. If I don't backup them, even I loss all datafiles in those tablespaces, I can create those datafile according to information in Control file. And I think it would be much quicker than restore datafiles from tape.

I read the manual, I am kinda agree that Frank said. What in the rollback segment is recovered from redo log. Otherwise, I have to backup rollback segment constantly, as the data in rollback segment is keeping changing.

Am I right, or having something miss?

Thanks

Dong Tang