Re: Oracle Deinstall

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 08:22:39 GMT

On Sat, 30 Oct 1999 01:27:52 GMT, kachkar_at_my-deja.com wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>How can I deinstall ( remove ) oracle from the NT server ?
>Do I need to close all the services ?
>
>And if I removed it , what about the data files and control files , are
>they going to be removed or do I need to remove them my self ?
>
>Regards,
>
>Khaled Achkar
>

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

You need to shutdown the listener and the database Then you need to run Instance Manager in GUI mode and delete the instance. This should also delete all database files. Then you need to deinstall the software using orainst. You could do that in a 'rough' fashion: delete the complete \ORANT tree and delete HKLM\software\oracle from the registry. Personally I'm doing that in emergencies only.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat Oct 30 1999 - 03:22:39 CDT