How do you insert "&" within a character string?

From: <rickaguayo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 09:01:18 GMT

I have tried a whol bunch of combinations for the varchar2 string 'D&E Supply', it doesn't want to take my ampersand within the string.I've tried 'D"&"E Supply','D''&''E Supply','D && E Supply','D'&'E Supply'.
I only have a few sql books and I can't find the proper syntax to use so it will include the "&" within the character string. Just like there is a proper syntax for including an apostrophe within the quotes of a string, i.e. 'O''Brian', I know there has to be a way to do this, but I can't stay up any longer trying to figure it out. Somebody please help me.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 30 1999 - 04:01:18 CDT