Re: Export/Import

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:44:12 -0700

Kathinka Diehl wrote:

> First question:
>
> In the Online-Documentation (Oracle7, NT) I can read:
>
> To use Import, the script CATEXP.SQL must be run.
>
> Which user have to be connected? Sys, System, Internal, the user who wants
> to import datas?

Sys. It's in the header of the file itself: REM CATEXP.SQL - CATalog EXPort/import sql script Rem FUNCTION
Rem Creates internal views for Export/Import utility Rem NOTES
Rem Must be run when connected to SYS or INTERNAL. Rem

> And second (perhaps the reason for this is given in the first question?):
>
> When I export datas from one table, I use the parameters:
>
> userid=user1/passwort1_at_orcl
> tables=table1
> file=expdat.dmp
>
> and I get a successfull execution. :-)
>
> Then I try to import the datas in an existing table owned by another user in
> the same database, using the parameters
>
> userid=user1/passwort1_at_orcl
> fromuser=user1/passwort1_at_orcl
> touser=user2/passwort2_at_orcl
> file=expdat.dmp

Check out the proper syntax!
imp uid/paswd_at_orcl file=expdat.dmp fromuser=user1 touser=user2 full=y

--
Met vriendelijke groet/kind regards,

Frank van Bortel
Technical consultant Oracle

Work:                                Home:
Inter Access V&L                     Hunzestraat 4
Palatijn 3, 7521 PN Enschede         7555 WB Hengelo
PoBox 545, 7500 AM Enschede          (31)074-2425046
053-4341500 Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 14:44:12 CDT