tnsname.ora question

From: Tony Adolph <tony.adolph_at_viaginterkom.de>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:56:06 GMT

Hello Folks,

I've just had some new software installed on my NT box. Post installation the entries in tnsnames.ora failed.

The aliases were in the form ALIAS_NAME.world and I have had to change the domain name "world" to be able to tnsping databases (all is now ok).

But I can't see from the environment that the domain has changed. Can anyone explain how the domain name mechanisium works with respect to tnsnames.ora?

Thanks
Tony Adolph
PS: Ora 7.3.4 NT4

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 29 1999 - 04:56:06 CDT