Re: Stop Executing an SQL

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1999 02:00:48 GMT

Micha -
Three totally different issues and different responses - - I do an SQL that returns many Records and I want to stop the output
 In SQL*Plus you simply push the cancel button. On a long running query the Query executing window pops up with a cancel button in it for exactly this purpose.
- I Test an SQL but It's not optimized
 See above
- Somebody (a bad user) executes an bad SQL.  The user can press the cancel but you can also set a profile to allow the user only a certain amount of time or number of blocks read before the exceed resource privs and the command stops.
Becca

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6342&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6331 Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 21:00:48 CDT