Re: Oacle 7 Signon Slow

From: QuestionExchange <USENET_at_questionexchange.com>
Date: 26 Oct 1999 1:59:18 GMT

Unfortunately this is a WIW (Way it Works). It takes Oracle7 awhile to load all the stuff to support a connection. This process was changed somewhat in Oracle 8. Becca
> On an otherwise idle system (HP 9000/HP-UX 10.20) it takes
about 30
> seconds just to sign-on to Oracle (ie. the time from entering
the
> password to receiving the prompt in sqlplus).
>
> What could cause this? It seems to happen in all of out 7.3.3
instances
> but in none of our 8.0.5 instances (same server). What
tables, etc.

--
  This answer is courtesy of QuestionExchange.com   http://www.questionexchange.com/showUsenetGuest.jhtml?ans_id=6340&cus_id=USENET&qtn_id=6297 Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 20:59:18 CDT