Running mts on Oracle 8 onNT 4.0 sp4?

From: David Spaisman <david.spaisman_at_compaq.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 15:53:36 -0400

Hello:

Recently I saw some information that MTS could be made to run on Oracle 8 on NT.

I am running an application on Oracle 8.0.4 on NT 4.0 sp 4. Currently the application has about 120 users. In the past I have run MTS on a Oracle 7.3 application on HP_UX.

Since NT is multi-threaded, what would MTS provide for the Oracle application? Under what
circumstances would I use MTS and when not?

Does any one use MTS for an Oracle 8 application on NT now? Would it provide any benefit on an NT 4, sp 4 server to an Oracle 8.0.4 application?

Any expereinces you can share would be invaluable.

Any information which you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David Spaisman Received on Mon Oct 25 1999 - 14:53:36 CDT