Re: Sqlplus question ??

From: TurkBear <johng_at_mm.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 14:51:03 GMT

Yes you can, as long as the number itself is not important and does not need to be 'repeatable' since it will change with any new select statement and will be affected ( in so far as the rest of the column's contents are concerned ) by any sort action - in other words, then number will not be related, in any way, to the contents of the other fields..