Backing up Online Redo Logs

From: <happychappy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:33:09 GMT

Hi I'm just about to test my hotbackup of a 7344 instance, I've put copies of my datafiles (produced whilst in backup mode), my archive-logs and control-files onto a clean machine, but is it feasible to just put copies of my online redo-logs over, common sense indicates that they're being continually updated and so doing a Unix copy of them will probably produce an inconsistent image, yet I can find no documentation on how to backup an online-redo log.

So on a clean machine is the only thing I can do is a point-in-time recovery with a reset logs option ??

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Oct 20 1999 - 02:33:09 CDT