Re: Pro*C & changing cursornames

From: John Strange <jstrange_at_imtn.dsccc.com>
Date: 19 Oct 1999 21:18:16 GMT

Here is my code snippet:
static varchar stmt [80] ; /* prepare statement storage */

stmt.len = sprintf ((char *) stmt.arr, "grant DSC_ENG_ECM to %s",

                                          (char *) oracle_id.arr) ;
EXEC SQL PREPARE grant_stmt from :stmt ; EXEC SQL execute grant_stmt ;

Bert Vanderstraeten (bvds_at_hotpop.com) wrote:

: Hi,

: I'm trying to get the following piece of code to work:
: It's a C-function that declares a cursor with a name based on a variable:

: static void create_cursor ( )
: {
: EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
: varchar hv_dataname[ 21];
: varchar hv_currstmt[500];
: EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

: hv_dataname.len = sprintf( (char *) hv_dataname.arr, "%.20s", db );
: hv_currstmt.len = sprintf( (char *) hv_currstmt.arr, "SELECT empno
: FROM emp " );

: EXEC SQL DECLARE db_stmt STATEMENT;
: EXEC SQL PREPARE db_stmt FROM :hv_currstmt;

: ==> EXEC SQL DECLARE cursorname CURSOR FOR db_stmt;

: /* how can I use a variable name as cursorname in this last statement?
: a :cursorname host variable does NOT work */

: }

: Thanks a million in advance!
: Bvds

--
While Alcatel may claim ownership of all my ideas (on or off the job), Alcatel does not claim any responsibility for them. Warranty expired when u opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use. Received on Tue Oct 19 1999 - 16:18:16 CDT