Creating a database link to itself?

From: <gmwils_at_zark.thedonkeys.org>
Date: 18 Oct 1999 07:11:00 GMT

I am trying to create a database link that points to the current database using Oracle 8.0.5 under linux. What I'm wanting to do is to be able to refer to the current database as a different name. Say the current database is called db1, then I want to be able to do something like:

select * from table1_at_db2;

Where db2 is a database link that points to db1. The reasoning behind this is that we are developing an application for a client that has multiple instances of Oracle running on multiple servers and would like to replicate this environment using a single Oracle instance.

Is this possible at all?

Geoff

--

   a paranoid is just someone with all of the facts at his disposal

Geoff M. Wilson <gmwils_at_zark.thedonkeys.org> www.zark.thedonkeys.org/~gmwils Received on Mon Oct 18 1999 - 02:11:00 CDT