Impact of NT 4.0 Reinstallation on Oracle 8.0 db

From: Sanjay Hans <sanhans_at_mbox5.singnet.com.sg>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:35:44 +0800

I have a Oracle 8.0 database running on a Digital Alpha NT 4.0 Server with service pack 3.
Due to some reason (not related with Oracle 8 database), I will have to have reinstall the NT 4.0 and sp 3 again. I was told that I can do so after shutting down the Oracle 8 database and there will be no impact on the Oracle database. I have a doubt that reinstalling the NT 4.0 will overwrite the registry and it will create some problem for the Oracle database. One option is to export the registry and import the registry after reinstalling the NT 4.0. I have no experience in doing such thing. I would appreciate, if you can share you experiences & give your suggestion. I want to avoid reinstalling the Oracle 8 again after reinstalling NT 4.0 since the Oracle database size is about 15 GB and it will be tedious and time consuming. But I have no choice and I have to reinstall the NT 4.0 .

Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Oct 16 1999 - 22:35:44 CDT