question about sgadef<SID>.dbf (Oracle 8)

From: <kshave_at_health.gov.mb.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 18:51:43 GMT

My oracle 7.3.3 database has a 'sgadef<SID>.dbf' file that holds information regarding the location of the SGA in memory. Is there an equivalent file in Oracle 8.1.5?

The reason that I'm asking is that I have a cold backup script running that checks for the existence of this file to determine if the database is running or not. If Oracle 8.1.5 does not have this file I'm wondering what other file I could use in it's place that would provide my script with the same information (db is up or down). Does anybody have a clean way of backing up the Oracle 8.1.5 database.

Note: I don't want to use the rman program at this time.

-Keith

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 13:51:43 CDT