Re: oracle resources on the net

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:16:50 -0400

Oracle's manuals are pretty good. Take the time to read the installation manual and tuning tips for your OS before you start. Follow the directions step-by-step and you should wind up with a working database first time out. Since you are unfamiliar with Oracle let the installer create your database instance for you. You should learn enough about the parameters you will find in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs/initORCL.ora so that you can do some tuning. (The Oracle defaults for most things seem to be too small.)

regards
jerry gitomer

stueby_at_my-deja.com wrote in message
<7u7kum$pdu$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
>As part of my job I have been asked to install Oracle8 on a
Solaris 2.6