Re: Temp tablespace storage parameters

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 09:19:10 -0700

Tony

Temporary tablespaces don't need coalescing. If you leave PCTINCTREASE at zero, then every temporary segment created in a particular temporary tablespace should pick up the INITIAL and NEXT values defined in the DEFAULT STORAGE clause for the tablespace. Provided INITIAL and NEXT are set to the same value, every temporary segment will use the same extent sizing, so why bother coalescing?

HTH. Pete