Re: problems with dbms_logmnr_d

From: <karsten_schmidt8891_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 10:09:26 GMT

Hi,

 Sounds like you didn't install all the required pl/sql packages.  You will find oracle-supplied packages in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin.  Or, you are missing execute privs on the DBMS_LOGMNR_D package.

 to check, whether the packages are installed, do (logged onto an dba account)
SQL> select object_name,type,owner from dba_objects where object_name = 'DBMS_LOGMNR_D'; this should return at least two rows: package and package body. perhaps a synonym too.

Karsten

In article <3806C7BD.58CBF4FC_at_mfh-iserlohn.de>,   Joerg Hoeppner <hoeppner_at_mfh-iserlohn.de> wrote:
> Hello,
> can anybody help. I have Oracle 8.1.5 on Solaris 2.7 and I want to use
> the logminer. The documentation describes that you must insert an
entry
> (UTL_FILE=/oracle/logs) in the init.ora file and must execute the
> following command in sqlplus:
>
> execute dbms_logmnr_d.build(
> dictionary_filename=>'dictionary.ora',
> dictionary_location=>'/oracle/logs');
>
> '/oracle/logs' in an exsample directory.
> If I run this command, I get this messageblock:
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LOGMNR_D.BUILD' must be declared
> ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
> PL/SQL: Statement ignored
>
> Thanks
>
> Joerg Hoeppner

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Oct 15 1999 - 05:09:26 CDT