Re: Oracle7 on WinNT - shutdown?

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:04:09 -0700

The functionality you describe is not available in Oracle7.

The reason for the problem is that Microsoft only allows something like 20 seconds to shutdown a service. In Oracle's case, if there are long running transactions, the only way that time limit can be met is by doing a shutdown abort, which forces instance recovery on startup.

HTH. Pete