REALLY private rollback segment

From: <borka66_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:38:55 GMT

Hi all,
 I'm pretty sure that's impossible, but who knows...

 Here the story goes...

 I have an user that loads every night a portion of data using SQL*Loader. He wants the whole bulk of data commited or rolled back. I've created a big rollback segment for this purpose in addition to several small existent ones and changed SQL*Loader control file to commit only once at end of load, but, unfortunatelly, Oracle picks the rollback segment randomally and sometimes (actually almost every time) the process fails due to lack of space in RBS.  How can I force, for sure, the SQL*Loader to use the big RBS without switching off all others.

Thank You in advance

   Boris

OS UNIX/AIX
DB Oracle 7.3.4

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Oct 12 1999 - 11:38:55 CDT