Re: REALLY private rollback segment

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_hbsrx.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:14:07 -0400

Hi,

    Have you tried SET TRANSACTION USE ROLLBACK SEGMENT <rbs_name>; ??

    If not issue it immediately before executing your big load. Unless this is the only job running on the system this is not guaranteed to work, but if it starts it should run to completion.

    If you must load it every night and have enough control over the usage of the system you can put Oracle into restricted mode, run the load, and then reopen Oracle to the world.

regards
jerry gitomer

<7tvo6s$n1$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...