OAS STATEFUL PROBLEM - PLEASE HELP (Web PL/SQL applications)

From: keso <keso_at_hep.tel.fer.hr>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 15:23:15 +0200

This problem should be simple to solve, but i'm trying to solve it for a week and is giving me a real headache:

> > I need in OAS something like session object in ASP in which you
> > cold store variables with scope of session (Web client session, not
oracle session).
> > Sesson should terminate after some idle time.
> >
> In that case you need to use the Transaction Service and store your
> variables inside a package or a temporary table.

It's not very clear to me why to use transactions? Isn't it enough to enable client sessions, set session idle time and store values in package variables ?
I am trying to accomplish that, but every time I send a request, it acts like stateless application (resets package variables). Only thing that works is displaying 'Session timeout' if i send request after <timeout> seconds.
Do you have any clue why it can't remember value of package varibles between two requests?

Thanks for help,

Vedran Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 08:23:15 CDT