Re: How to access DB from browser ??

From: Lee <lgyu_at_ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:13:53 -0400

Many different ways.

  1. WebDB- I haven't tried it on Personal Oracle, but it works on regular Oracle 8i. Comes with it's own web server; it's quick and easy, but doesn't give you lots of control over layout of the page.
  2. Oracle Forms/Oracle Developer Server. Develop Web-based forms and use Developer Server to deploy.
  3. CGI: Depends on your web server; you can connect to Oracle via ODBC and use CGI scripts.
  4. On Windows NT, you can use Active Server Pages to connect to Oracle via ODBC (works with IIS, maybe others).
  5. On Windows NT, you can use the Oracle Objects for Ole and VBScript. (works with IIS, maybe others)