Oracle Query Time

From: <amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 19:09:51 GMT

Hello,

We use Crystal Reports 6 to creates some reports from out Oracle database. For the most part everything works fine. However, Crystal Reports seems to do some funky stuff when it comes to date fields and such.

I want to query some data from our table using a date field in my where clause. Although I have added an index to the column in the table and tried many different queries from within Crystal Reports, it seems that the report still takes over 5 miinutes to run.

Crystal Reports has this thing it calls 'Sql Expert'. Once it is ready to submit your SQL, it takes it, rearranges it, then submits it to Oracle. So, I cannot really see what the 'real' SQL is since Crystal Reports modifies it.

Can I, and if so how, catch the SQL from the Oracle end and see? Perhaps the SQL is inefficient or something. Also, has anyone ever encountered something like this before?

Thanks,

Arthur
amerar_at_ci.chi.il.us

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Oct 11 1999 - 14:09:51 CDT