Re: Performance Tuning

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 11:43:32 GMT

Hi.

 In your application there 70460 FULL TABLE scans  ( table scanned ( long ) ) of tables with more than 5  blocks and 38069 FULL table scans ( table scanned ( short))  with 5 or less blocks.
 Total_blocks_scanned : 126911699.
 Average FULL table scan of long table is :  (Total_blocks_scanned - 5 * Table_scan_short) / Table_scan_long  is about 1800 blocks.
 It means a LOT of I/O.

 Start screening you V$SQLAREA :
 SELECT ..., buffer_gets/executions avg_buffer_gets  from v$sqlarea
 where executions > 0
 order by buffer_gets/executions desc;

 HTH. Michael

In article <37fe2501_4_at_news1.prserv.net>,   "Stephen Gabor" <sgabor_at_removethis.jamesway.com> wrote:

> <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >
> > Can you post the result of
> > " SELECT name, value FROM v$sysstat ORDER BY 1" ?
> > It looks like you have performance problem in your
> > application and NOT system.
> >
> > Michael.
>
> The results of your requested query:
>
> NAME

VALUE

> CPU used by this
session                                                 0

> CPU used when call
started 0

> CR blocks created

8426
> Current blocks converted for
CR                                          2

> DBWR buffers scanned

328484
> DBWR
checkpoints                                                       599

> DBWR cross instance
writes 0
> DBWR free buffers
found 0

> DBWR lru scans

6317
> DBWR make free
requests                                                  0

> DBWR summed scan depth

328484
> DBWR timeouts

10697
> SQL*Net roundtrips to/from client

4636131
> SQL*Net roundtrips to/from
dblink                                        0

> Unnecesary process cleanup for SCN
batching 0
> background checkpoints
completed 83
> background checkpoints
started 83

> background timeouts

32504
> bytes received via SQL*Net from client
267044622
> bytes received via SQL*Net from
dblink                                   0

> bytes sent via SQL*Net to client

875400586

> NAME

VALUE

> bytes sent via SQL*Net to
dblink                                         0

> calls to get snapshot scn: kcmgss

1658937
> calls to kcmgas

47208
> calls to kcmgcs

8234
> calls to kcmgrs

1902957
> change write
time                                                        0

> cleanouts and rollbacks - consistent read
gets 665
> cleanouts only - consistent read
gets 590

> cluster key scan block gets

191770
> cluster key scans

28387
> commit cleanout failure: write
disabled                                  0

> commit cleanout failures: buffer being
written 16
> commit cleanout failures: callback
failure 0
> commit cleanout failures: hot backup in
progress 0

> commit cleanout number successfully completed
175674
> consistent changes

10584
> consistent gets

170564331
> cross instance CR
read                                                   0

> cursor authentications

32031
> data blocks consistent reads - undo records applied
10582
> db block changes

965799

> NAME

VALUE

> db block gets

3491580
> deferred (CURRENT) block cleanout applications
48710
> dirty buffers
inspected                                                  0

> enqueue conversions

13184
> enqueue
deadlocks                                                        0

> enqueue releases

142253
> enqueue requests

142285
> enqueue
timeouts                                                         0

> enqueue
waits 0
> exchange
deadlocks 0

> execute count

1639540
> free buffer
inspected                                                    0

> free buffer requested

598085
> global lock convert
time                                                 0

> global lock converts
(async) 0
> global lock converts (non
async) 0
> global lock get
time 0
> global lock gets
(async) 0
> global lock gets (non
async) 0
> global lock release
time 0
> global lock releases
(async) 0

> NAME

VALUE

> global lock releases (non
async)                                         0

> hash latch wait
gets 0

> immediate (CR) block cleanout applications
1255
> immediate (CURRENT) block cleanout applications
50552
> kcmccs called get current
scn                                            0

> kcmgss read scn without going to
DLM 0
> kcmgss waited for
batching 0

> logons cumulative

1278
> logons
current                                                         170

> messages received

55074
> messages sent

55074
> next scns gotten without going to
DLM                                    0

> no work - consistent read gets

167680231
> opened cursors cumulative

76509
> opened cursors current

3025
> parse count

219092
> parse time
cpu                                                           0

> parse time
elapsed 0

> physical reads

573913
> physical writes

65822
> process last non-idle
time                                               0

> NAME

VALUE

> recovery array read
time                                                 0

> recovery array
reads 0
> recovery blocks
read 0

> recursive calls

1578496
> recursive cpu
usage                                                      0

> redo blocks written

415743
> redo buffer allocation
retries                                          22

> redo entries

516967
> redo entries
linearized                                                  0

> redo log space
requests 4
> redo log space wait
time 0
> redo log switch
interrupts 0
> redo ordering
marks 0

> redo size

195203159
> redo small copies

139179
> redo synch
time                                                          0

> redo synch writes

45625
> redo wastage

10583181
> redo write
time                                                          0

> redo writer latching
time 0

> redo writes

47526

> NAME

VALUE

> remote instance undo block
writes                                        0

> remote instance undo header
writes 0
> remote instance undo
requests 0
> rollback changes - undo records
applied 19

> rollbacks only - consistent read gets
7761
> serializable
aborts                                                      0

> session connect
time 0

> session cursor cache count

2455
> session cursor cache hits

134863
> session logical reads

174041762
> session pga memory

212072584
> session pga memory max

212837340
> session stored procedure
space                                           0

> session uga memory

23078676
> session uga memory max

133955684
> sorts
(disk)                                                             3

> sorts (memory)

59136
> sorts (rows)

24896164
> summed dirty queue
length                                                0

> table fetch by rowid

37546274
> table fetch continued
row                                               44

> NAME

VALUE

> table scan blocks gotten

126911699
> table scan rows gotten

1.257E+09
> table scans (cache
partitions)                                           0

> table scans (direct
read) 0

> table scans (long tables)

70460
> table scans (rowid
ranges)                                               0

> table scans (short tables)

38069
> total number commit cleanout calls

177102
> transaction lock background get
time                                     0

> transaction lock background
gets 0
> transaction lock foreground
requests 0
> transaction lock foreground wait
time 0
> transaction
rollbacks 0
> transaction tables consistent read
rollbacks 0
> transaction tables consistent reads - undo records
applied 0

> user calls

4605378
> user commits

43543
> user rollbacks

2569
> write requests

9549.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Oct 09 1999 - 06:43:32 CDT