Performance on Netware

From: Frank Pohlmann <Frank.Pohlmann_at_baeurer.de>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:44:13 +0200

I use Oracle 8.0.4.2.0 on Netware 4.11 SP6. This is my first installation on Netware, till today I have only some on WinNT.
The installaion finished sucessfully and I created a new instance. When importing some data with my application, I import some records (lets say 50) and then the system pauses for 30 seconds before importing the next (50) records.
The processor of the server gets up to 10% when sending the INSERT-Statements and then falls to 0% and nothing else happens. The Client is WinNT 4.0 Workstation (I tried Client32 and Microsofts Netware Client).
I use the same parameter values in the INIT.ORA like on NT. I increased the Redo-Log-File up to 100 MB, so it must be large enough for so less data.
But the server is still very slow. It's a Xeon 450 MHz with 256 MB RAM and 2*9GB HD. It's running IPX/SPX, not TCP/IP.

Does anybody have the same problem or any ideas what to try?

Frank Pohlmann

--

Frank Pohlmann
Bäurer TRADE GmbH