Re: Performance on Netware

From: Karl M. Nordquist <karln_at_brightwood.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 09:18:30 -0700

When doing an import, have the database in NOARCHIVELOG mode. That way, it does not spend time creating archive logs.

Also, to help out, how many I/O channels/volumes do you have, and what tablespaces are on them. For example, our production server has 6 I/O channels, each it's own volume, with TEMP, DATA, INDEX, ARCHIVE, REDO, and SYS (system and rollback tablespaces), and we get great performance.

HTH Karl Nordquist
Application Development Supervisor
Bright Wood Corporation
Madras,Oregon