Re: Max open files with UTL_FILE

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 22:22:16 GMT

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:52:02 +0200, Anders Gunnare <Anders.Gunnare_at_lule.frontec.se> wrote:

>Hello World,
>
>How and where shall I increase the max open files for UTL_FILE ???

AFAIK you can't. It's release-specific limitation, you can't change it. From top of my memory, it is limited to 10 simultaneous opened files in pre-Oracle8 releases, and it was raid+sed to 50 files somewhere around 8.0.5.

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle DBA (7.3 & 8.0 OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Thu Oct 07 1999 - 17:22:16 CDT